Sunday, July 25, 2010

I'm so Victoria Holt


I was standing in the back aisle of a supermarket, waiting for an employee to check on something. I was trying hard to overhear a young man -- a scruff of hair on his chin, wearing black jeans and a black t-shirt showing upper arm tattoos -- was monologing while two two women -- one apparently with him and one an employee, hopefully not on duty -- listened. This was the line that first caught my attention:
"I was so Dostoevsky, and she was so J. K. Rowling."
People really talk this way? To other people? In public? Really?

Unfortunately I couldn't hear everything, so I couldn't get the drift of the conversation... er, monologue. But I heard this:
"I so did not want to move in with my mom and dad. I would have done anything to get out of it. I would have sold an intestine."
Dude, I would suggest that you sell a kidney first. You need your intestine.

Labels: ,


Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?