Thursday, October 01, 2009

Reminding by committee


Recently I received one of those automated telephone calls reminding me of a doctor appointment. It started with a chipper ladies voice telling me the doctor's name, and the date and time of the appointment. Then it changed to a more dour ladies voice telling me arrive fifteen minutes early. Then a man's voice cut in to let me know that if I was having a certainprocedure done (I wasn't), I needed to arrive thirty minutes early. Then the original chipper lady returned to give me a phone number to call if I had any questions.

I had a distinct feeling that I had just received a reminder call from a conference room full of people who kept blurting out little bits of information as they thought of them.

Labels:


Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?