Monday, March 23, 2009

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign

This is the northern bro who, upon seeing the most recent entry by the southern bro fought and then gave into the urge to note a sign that we saw over the weekend.

Neither my wife nor I are fans of big box stores. With book stores in particular we will often browse in the mega-stores and then go to the locally owned independent bookstore to order our books. It is the least we can do to support those hardworking souls who keep our communities alive and vibrant.

So we both got a kick this weekend when we saw the sign posted on the back of the door leading out of the lower level of the excellent Millworks used book store in Montague MA (the slogan of which is "10,000 books you don't need in a place you can't find"). The sign read:

"If you must steal then steal from Barnes and Noble"

Labels: ,


Comments:
I love that store! That is my dream bookstore. I actually made a (kind of) pilgrimage to that place in 1997 before I moved to St. Maarten.

Also, I like their sign.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?