Saturday, July 19, 2008

Paradise Rising


Judi has had a Bird of Paradise plant growing in a big pot on the back deck for a couple of years, but it has persistently refused to bloom. Until a week or so ago. So, naturally, I wanted to take a picture. But it's been raining, raining, raining -- not to mention thundering and lightning-ing -- constantly here for weeks, and when I went out with the camera, the sky was dark and violent. I wanted sunlight on the flower, but sunlight was nowhere to be found. So I went with Plan B: Instead of taking a picture of the flower with the gray sky behind me, I turned it around, knelt on the deck, and took a picture of the flower rising into the menace:

Bird of Paradise rising to the gray sky

Labels:


Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?