Friday, July 27, 2007
Seven things about me (memed!)
As I have said before, I'm not big on memes, but I've been tagged for a couple lately, including by Linshaolin for the Seven Things About Me meme, so here goes:
- I like to wear Hawaiian shirts. A lot.
- I think the most beautiful word in the English language is "serendipity." I freely admit that the meaning of the word contributes to my perception.
- I don't know how to swim.
- I can't resist calendars with pictures of beautiful tropical places. And doesn't everyone need five or six calendars every year?
- I think South Beach in Miami qualifies as a "beautiful tropical place."
- There are a lot of awesome things to do in Manhattan, but I think the most awesome is to simply walk.
- And while we're speaking of "seven," in (Catholic) High School I had a math teacher who gave the class a speech on the first day of school, explaining that she loved the number seven because it affirmed her faith in God. She was a brand new teacher -- we were her first class. She didn't even last until Christmas.