Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Wen's Fiver meme
These things are hard.
5 Pet "People Peeves"
- People who walk slow and also block the way so you can't get past them.
- People who drive slow in the left-hand lane.
- Cashiers who continue to hold personal conversations with customers even though they've finished checking them out and there's a line waiting.
- Doctors and veterinarians who make you wait long past the time for your appointment.
- People who work ineffectively or inefficiently, and in doing so waste your time while you wait for them to get something done.
5 Drink I Like (in no particular order)
- Ice tea, and that's unsweetened and with lemon or lime. (Sweetened tea is just gross.)
- Virgil's root beer.
- Orange juice.
- Grgich Hills Fume Blanc ($25 a bottle at the winery)
- Yellowtail Shiraz ($6 a bottle or less at Walmart -- hey, I have cheap tastes, too)
Sorry, I'm not going to be able to answer this one. I'm not very competitive by nature. I don't enjoy competing against people, I don't get any pleasure when I win, and I'm not disappointed when I lose. I guess when it comes to social interaction I'm more of a Socialist than a Capitalist. It's not that I shirk conflict and struggle -- Lord knows I have plenty of both at work -- it's just that I don't enjoy them, so I'm not really into games. When I was young I enjoyed playing chess, but I never got very good at it, and now I'm so rusty that the freeware chess program on my Palm Pilot can routinely beat me. But I do like puzzles, and I guess there's one game I like:
- Trivial Pursuit
5 Things in my Bag/Purse/Briefcase
I carry neither bag nor purse nor briefcase, so you'll have to settle for my pockets:
- Small pocket knife (a gift from Judi).
- Miniature pen.
- A keyring with that multitude of little plastic cards you have to carry so you can get the discounts at grocery stores, pet supply stores, etc.
- Lip balm (perpetually dry lips).
- My drivers license, credit card, insurance card, id cards, etc., all bound together by a rubber band (I don't carry a wallet).
This is a little too subjective for my taste. I'm just going to stick to the one quality that I know everyone will agree with:
Well, I'm not going to call someone disorganized on the Internets tubes, and besides, I have a thing about mentioning people by name unless they also have blogs and can defend themselves. Or at least are dead. Privacy, you know. So I'll list just one quality that my brother possesses, since he can post a rebuttal here if he so chooses:
- My brother, Glenn, is very funny. As in, comedian-type funny. Not weird-type funny.
- Fried pickles (yum)
- Bacon cheese fries (yum)
- Macaroni and cheese (yum)
- Oranges fresh from the tree (yum)
- Yesterday I had to eat my workplace cafeteria food for lunch (yuck)
I'm limiting this to places I actually have a chance of visiting:
- Bonaire (again)
- Curacao (hopefully part of the same trip as Bonaire)
- Miami Beach (for Spring Break)
- New Hampshire (for the Pumpkin Festival in Keene)
- Um... if I make all the previous trips, I don't know if I'll be able to afford a fifth one. How about a trip to an Orlando theme park, maybe in September?