Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Not to Harp

Not to harp on a single topic, but... A few years ago I mentioned to a friend who was about to buy her first home that buying a home was like going through puberty in that once you pass through the stage things that never interested you before suddenly become very interesting. For example, prior to signing a mortgage I had no special attachment to hardware stores. Now I can spend an hour in the lighting section. A few weeks later this same friend confided that after she bought her house her bedtime reading went from novels to do-it-yourself plumbing repairs. No more need be said.

Being a parent is much the same. Last weekend I realized that I had no idea what movies have come out recently and the really odd thing is that it didn't bother me that I didn't know. I fully expected that with Evelyn's birth my priorities would change, but was focussed the new items that would be added to my list of priorities. I was unprepared for the items that fell off of the list.

Labels:


Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?