Thursday, May 25, 2006

I'm back


I've been gone. Now I'm back. While I was gone, I had the opportunity to hear a wonderful new (to me) band called Liquid Blue. I heard them mostly cover other people's songs, but they do have a CD of their own, Supernova. Their lyrics are strongly activist -- no sappy love songs here! Check out this excerpt from the song If You Gotta Ask (it sounds much better with the music, by the way):

I think it's time we do some questioning.
If they did it back then we can do it again right now,
times they are a changin'.
Should we take a stand now?
Or just go with the flow.
Are things getting better?
Is the answer no?
Are we gonna speak out?
Or turn our backs and go.
Should you join the cause?
If you gotta ask, you'll never know.


Yeah, if you gotta ask, you'll never know....

Labels:


Comments:
Welcome back!!!!
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?