Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Gone


At 5:00 this morning I was laying in bed, on my back, with my head turned to the side, waiting for the alarm to go off, when BJ began giving me kisses. She had her muzzle pressed very hard against my lips, so her tongue could only go out a little way, and she was lapping my lips very quickly, very intently, laplaplaplaplaplaplaplaplap. She was so intent she wasn't even taking time to wag her tail. I draped an arm over her back, and she warm and soft. It wasn't until I opened my eyes that I remembered that BJ is gone.

Even then, I felt her curl up against my side, her warm fur on my chest. I was wide awake and I could feel it.

I hope your day-after-Valentine's-Day got off to as loving a start as mine.

Labels:


Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?