Monday, January 30, 2006

Not a dream?


I had an unusual experience this morning. It was 4:00 am, and I was laying in bed, on my back, awake. I heard footsteps enter and cross my bedroom. Though I was alone in the house, and wasn't expecting this, I found that I was neither surprised nor afraid. I found myself thinking, quite distinctly, that there couldn't be any danger because the dogs weren't barking.

Something sat on the edge of the bed -- I felt the mattress sag. The rational part of my brain tried irrationally to tell me it was Andrea jumping in. I knew it wasn't.

My hands rose into the air, not by my raising them, but by their simply becoming weightless. They drifted over me for a moment, then came back down over my face, and Reiki flowed into me.

I moved my hands down so they were over my chest, still sending myself Reiki. Then fingertips which might have been mine but were definitely also someone else's began to stroke my face, a hand on each side of my face, the bottoms of the fingertips stroking my face top to bottom, then the tops of the fingers stroking back up, bottom to top. My face was stroked, top to bottom then bottom to top, over and over again. The stroking was very gentle and full of love. Eventually it stopped, but I continued to send myself Reiki until I fell asleep.

I got up at 5:00 am feeling serene.

Labels:


Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?