Friday, January 27, 2006

Disclaimer


I don't watch television, but I'd have to be living under a rock to not be aware of yesterday's Oprah show, during which she ripped into writer James Frey about his book A Million Little Pieces. It was all over all the radio stations during my drive to work this morning.

I'm not going to touch the Winfrey/Frey thing. I'm just going to issue, for myself, this disclaimer:

Notice: The contents of this blog may contain small embellishments, misrepresentations, or just plain exaggerations to either make the story more entertaining or to save me or someone else serious embarrassment. Or loss of employment. Also, I have a crappy memory for dialogue, so even when conversations or remarks are presented in quotes, they are merely my best attempt to recreate the spirit of the words spoken, and are probably not the actual words used.

The purpose of this blog is to provide me an outlet for my desire to write that other people may actually read. As such, I am trying to entertain, not to provide a literal account of my life. That said, everything in this blog is pretty much true. Nothing is completely made up, or even mostly made up, unless I have presented it as so, and I can't remember doing that so far, but if I do either completely or mostly make something up, I will let you know. In the meantime, if you would like to read a few of my writings which are clearly presented as fiction, you can visit my Web site at http://beaglewriter.com/writings/index.php.

Signed:
Gregory Smith

There. I think that covers it. My lawyer (you have a blog but don't have a lawyer? The horror!) tells me that this will shield me from rough treatment during any upcoming Oprah appearances that I may make. So, Ms. Winfrey, if you'd like to give me a call, I'm ready and waiting.

Labels:


Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?