Saturday, December 17, 2005

Please send prayers


If you treat yourself with Reiki while you are dreaming, does it count?

I have trouble sleeping, and when I'm awake at night I treat myself with Reiki to help me get back to sleep. Also, recently I've been sending Reiki to an "Internet acquaintance" who's having a bad time because of a relationship. Anyway, this morning I was lying in bed trying to sleep when I experienced what I can only describe as waves of mini-convulsions. Alarmed, I realized that I was actually asleep and dreaming that I was in bed awake, so I made an effort to wake myself up, and I gave myself some Reiki to calm myself down. Then I got out of bed, but weird things began to happen, and then I realized that I was still asleep and dreaming, and that meant that earlier I had actually been dreaming that I was asleep and dreaming, and inside that dream I had been lying in bed unable to sleep and having mini-convulsions. In other words, I had been dreaming that I was dreaming that I was awake.

If my explanation is confusing, don't worry about it (though you programmer-types may know what I mean when I say that I was apparently dreaming recursively). With great effort I finally woke myself up for real, and I wouldn't consider this worth posting about except that I got to thinking that after I had woken myself from the inner dream, but was still dreaming the outer dream, I had dreamed that I had treated myself with Reiki. Could that Reiki, applied during a dream, have had any actual effect? Normally, of course, things that happen in a dream don't have physical consequences -- if you drink water in a dream, you're still thirsty when you wake up. But Reiki is different. It's not bound by space, and some say it's not bound by time. Is it bound even by consciousness?

The experience has left me very energized. I'm going to send some Reiki for that Internet acquaintance who's having such a bad time. If you can spare any prayers for her, I'd appreciate it if you could send them. She could really use them.

Labels:


Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?