Thursday, December 31, 2009

[nyc] Saks Window, and Sunrise


If you read the previous post, you know I spent a few days in New York City a couple of weeks ago. I was just looking at the pictures I took while there, and I've decided to post(v.) a series of posts(n.) featuring some of the ones I like. I'm doing this because, well... because it's easier to create blog posts of photos than it is to actually write interesting content.

Here are two to get us started. The first is a detail from one of the Christmas windows in Saks on Fifth Avenue:

Saks window

I like airplanes.

The second picture was taken from our hotel window the next morning, and shows the rising sun shining on the ornate face of the Ansonia, an exclusive apartment building that was across Broadway and a block south:

Sunrise on the Ansonia

The Ansonia was built around 1900 and is said to be the second most famous building on the Upper West Side, after the Dakota.

You can click on these pictures and any others in this series to see a larger version.

Next, I think, will be rooftop gardens.

Labels: ,


Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?